Automatic analysis of Moisture, Volatiles, Ash, Fixed Carbon Special application for Coal & Coke as per ASTM D 5142-09
prepASH® Series 340 represents the highest level of thermo-gravimetric analysis and offers revolutionary improvement of sample preparation, analysis and documentation.
- Massive reduction in the work-load through the simultaneous evaluation of Moisture, Volatiles, Ash and Fixed Carbon content of up to 29 samples in one cycle
- Standard Analysis is easily transferred to prepASH® Series 340 and validated
- Optimization of analysis time up to 70%
- Automatic calculation and documentation of Moisture, Volatiles, Ash and Fixed Carbon values
- Automatic cycle ensures the best reproducibility, quality and throughput
- Graphical report of measuring values, either single or in groups, with sample recognition in color
- Fully automatic ashing unit with end-point recognition replaces drying oven, muffle furnace and analytical balance
- 3 Models in the prepASH® Series 340 with 12, 19, or 29 samples are the optimum solution for various applications
- Built-in high performance analytical balance 0.0001g Selectable atmosphere (N2, O2, Air)
- Easy operation of the instrument with color touch screen and built-in computer (Windows)®
- Real-time evaluation of weight loss during the drying and ashing process is shown directly on the prepASH display and via network to external computers
- Various communication ports: Ethernet, 2 USB ports (for PC, Printer, Barcode reader, Keyboard)
- Printout: complete report with graphics, tables, method and statistics
- Error free protocols and reports
Moisture, Volatiles, Ash and Fixed Carbon
Analysis of Coal & Coke as per ASTM D 5142-09
Moisture and volatile matters are determined under protection nitrogen atmosphere. The ashing step is done under oxidizing atmosphere with oxygen. prepASH® must be equipped with the gas flow control unit. Included in the supply are Al2O3 crucibles with covers, steel turn-table and tweezers.
Reference Coal and Calibration
Reference material is used to calibrate the methods for the determination of volatile matter and content of samples. prepASH® is delivered with a standard method and pre-calibrated with 3 standards. Customer the materials must cover the full range of expected volatile matter contents of the coal and coke samples that will be routinely analyzed.
Analysis Time – 2 to 5 hours
Standard analysis is easily programmed on the prepASH® Series 340. The user is guided through the manual steps such as weighing in, covering and uncovering the crucibles.
- Load crucibles into the furnace carousel and weight all the crucibles automatically.
- Load the samples in the crucibles and weigh them.
- Press “Start”.
- Cover crucibles after drying.
- Uncover crucibles before ashing.
- Automatic printout of report at the end of analysis.
Note: Paid installation is required and not included in pricing. Standard installation is 2 days, budgetary estimate $4,500 (Contiguous US,
most Canadian locations). Extra days required by failure to meet site-prepared condition will be an additional billing of $1,000 per day.
Installation charges are not subject to dealer discount.
Made In Switzerland
• Color Touchscreen
• External Calibration
• Alpha-numeric Keypad
• RS232 Interface
• USB Interface
• Supports IQ/OQ/PQ
• 4 Second Response Time
• Clock (Printout, GLP, GMP, Auto-Cal)
• Communication Options (Bluetooth, Wireless)
prepASH 229 Capacity: 120 g Readability: 0.1 mg / 0.01 % Crucibles:29 pcs. / 35 ml
prepASH 219 Capacity: 120 g Readability: 0.1 mg / 0.01 % Crucibles:19 pcs. / 35 ml
prepASH 212 Capacity: 120 g Readability: 0.1 mg / 0.01 % Crucibles:12 pcs. / 40 ml